We will be holding a Christmas Tree Festival between Friday 4th December and Tuesday 8th December 2015. We will not be charging for admission to the Festival but will be asking visitors for donations.
We hope to fill the Church with lots of decorated Christmas trees displayed by groups, businesses, or schools from the parish. We are keen to welcome as many people to see the displays as possible. ( last time we had 67 )
If you, either as a group, business, or school would like to display a Christmas tree at the Festival the following information will help you:
- There is a minimum charge of £5.00 for displaying a tree at the Festival.
- You may use a real or artificial tree – we suggest no taller than 125 cms. Each exhibitor may use any theme to decorate their tree. You may wish to advertise or promote yourself by putting publicity material round the tree.
- Lights ( battery or mains operated) may be used on your tree. We ask that flashing or musical lights are not used and that all lights conform to British Safety Standards.
- The trees should be set up either on:
Thursday 3rd December between 6.00 pm and 8.30 pm
Friday 4th December between 9.15 am and 3.00pm.
The church will then close until the evening preview.
Trees should be removed on Wednesday 9th December between 9.15.am and 12 noon
- Your space must be booked in advance – please complete the enclosed form and return with fee ( cheques to be made payable to St. Andrew’s Church ) to : Linda E Hunter, Llanberis, Aydon Way, Corbridge. NE45 5EE as soon as possible please, but certainly by 24th October. Early application guarantees a space!
- The trees will be judged on the morning of Saturday 5th December.
- Enclosed with this letter is your invitation to the Festival Preview on Friday 4th December at 7.30pm
- We are also asking whether you might like to be involved in the stewarding of the Festival – as we need to have someone on duty whilst the doors are open. An explanation and form are attached.
Once you have registered an interest, further details will be sent to you. If however, you have any
questions, please do not hesitate to contact:
Linda E Hunter 01434 633742 email@example.com
David Welsh 01434 632907 firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to hearing from you.