Once again Corbridge in Bloom have triumphed in the Northumbria in Bloom Awards and go forward to represent Northumbria in the Britain in Bloom Awards. This success is due, in no small part to the combined efforts of a very energetic and committed Corbridge Committee who also galvanise support from local traders and residents.
Corbridge n Bloom has won five gold medals in five years thus maintaining a standard they intend to replicate well into the future. This year’s entry won the Percy Boydell Trophy for the Best Overall Entry across all categories in this year’s Northumbria in Bloom Awards. The committee are pictured here with the trophy.
Corbridge in Bloom won these awards:-
- Gold in the Small Town Category.
- Best in Class Trophy – Small Town Category.
- Best Overall Entry – The Percy Boydell Trophy (52 entries).
Special Individual Awards were:-
- Gold – Petilaw Care Home.
- Gold – Elizabeth Grant – Outstanding Voluntary Contribution.
- Gold – The Angel of Corbridge – Pubs & Hotels.
- Gold – Woodbine Terrace – Residential Communities.
- Silver Gilt – Aydon Road – Allotments.
- Gold – Mr. & Mrs. Cunliffe – Private Gardens.
It’s a fantastic achievement and one the whole village can be proud of.